Nestled in the Northern range of the Appalachian Mountains, and situated between 3 of New England’s largest lakes, the historic town of Laconia, New Hampshire is home to the EHL’s New England Wolves.
The Wolves home ice is the Merrill Fay Arena. Built by a passionate hockey community on 100% donations, the arena was constructed in 1996 and boasts a seating capacity of nearly 1000. Large crowds attend many of the “community- first” type events that built the Arena in the first place. Whether it be a game to benefit the NH Humane Society, a local boy battling leukemia, or the Annual JBT Benefit Game, the fans in Laconia create a “home ice advantage” for the Wolves throughout New Hampshire’s cold winters.
The scenic surroundings help players train their bodies in ways that can’t be duplicated anywhere else. Resistance training on sand at the famous Weirs Beach in Laconia, hiking up a Mountain, or running the WoW Trail, create a unique understanding of the player’s involvement and integration in their community, and the Wolves give back by volunteering over 1000 man hours to community service projects in the Lakes Region every year.
The New England Wolves have access to tremendous resources, and players enjoy outstanding amenities:
* Dedicated Team locker rooms with seating and lockers for 25.
* "Den of Development" philosophy, the Wolves signature curriculum, that has players on the ice twice a day, workouts everyday, and position- specific skills sessions.
* Skate sharpening/Equipment room/ Coaches Office/ Laundry facilities/ Video Class Room
* Wolves Training Center with stationary bikes, weight machines, free weights, synthetic ice shooting range and room for 25+ athletes
* New Equipment (Helmets, Gloves, Pant shells, Practice Gear, Apparel Package)
* Access to Transferable College Credits at Lakes Region Community College & Wolves Academy for Online High School Students
* Full Time Coaching Staff including Head & Assistant Coaches, and an Academic Advisor/ Peak Performance Coach, dedicated to the development of the players Off- Ice Academic needs.
Why play for the New England Wolves?
The Wolves take the approach of building quality over quantity. Utilizing a simple team structure (one team per age bracket), players have the opportunity to receive quality on-ice and off-ice training time without cutting corners. The Wolves view EVERY player in their organization as an INVESTMENT. An investment, that has seen 100 of its athletes in the last 7 years move on to College Hockey, including 9 Professional Athletes. We have proven, with an honest, devoted, and structured program can we help every player reach their full potential.
For more info, contact GM - Andrew Trimble. #732-647-5696 Email- email@example.com