The New England Wolves Junior Hockey Program, as part of their community service initiative for the 2018-19 season, completed the following projects:
+ Volunteering Projects
* Laconia Multicultural Festival
* United Way Day of Caring
* Construction of Christmas Village- Laconia
* Gilford Rotary Christmas Tree Sale
* Lakes Region Lakers Learn to Skate Program
* Lakes Region Lakers & Rochester Youth Hockey- Tuesday Skills Coaching
* Pleasant Street School Fall Festival
* New Hampshire Pumpkin Fest
* New England Pond Hockey Classic
+ Benefit Games
* First Responders Game- Raised Money for Laconia Fire, Wounded Warrior Project, Blue Lives Matter.
* Zander Foundation
* Laconia Mental Health Center Benefit
* NH Humane Society Benefit
* JBT Benefit Game- Raised 30k for the Cure Starts Now Foundation- Raising total to 80k raised since the start of the game in 2016
In total the Wolves program dedicated over 1000 man hours to community service projects in the Lakes Region. They assisted over 200 individual youth hockey players in the state of NH. They raised over $32,000.00 for charities. Great season.
In 2018 they were awarded a "Spirit of NH" award for their outstanding contributions to their community.
For more information or to become involved to go the Wolves website- www.ne-wolveshockey.com